I continue to work with bronze. These are a pair of earrings with a hummingbird design (as in all pictures, the coin is for scale). These were made by stamping the bronze clay then drying it over a plastic Easter egg. That gave a degree of roundedness that made the earrings much more visually interesting than they would have been had they simply been flat.
This pendant is an Aztec dog. I am well aware that Aztecs did not have bronze, but it’s the material I used. I used an icepick bale. This piece represents a bit of an experiment. Instead of simply darkening for patina, I mixed a green and a brown alcohol ink. I then painted the piece, and sanded off almost all the ink. That left the pendant with the look of ancient bronze.
This pendant is an experiment in blended styles. The phoenix is western in style. The sun is drawn from a Native American petroglyph. Again, I experimented with alcohol inks. I used liver of sulfur to bring out the phoenix, but used a blue-green alcohol ink on the sun. The sun was then sanded so that only traces of the ink remained. To give a hint of mixed metals, I made the jump ring joining the pendant to the bale from copper wire. The bale is also bronze, but of a different alloy than the pendant, so it has a different appearance.